Minor RequirementsRequired Lower Division Courses (8 to 10 units):
General Education Clusters 21A and 21B or two courses from:
Required Upper Division Courses (16 to 20 units). Four courses spanning at least two different departments selected from:
- German 56
- Honors Collegium 10, 21W, 55, 57, 62, 83W or 110
- Philosophy 6
- Political Science 10
- Sociology 10
Required Research Colloquia and Senior Thesis (12 units):
- African American Studies M114C
- Anthropology 181 and 182
- Civic Engagement M115
- Classics M124
- Education 138
- Economics 107
- History 122A, 122C, 122D, M122E, 122F, 131A, 142A or 142B
- Philosophy 151A, C151B, 153A, 153B, 154 or C156
- Political Science M111A through 114B, 115B, M115C, 116A, 119, M119A, M180A or M180B
- Public Policy CM126
- Sociology 101, 102, and with approval of the chair, 191 seminars in Social Thought.
Students must also complete Social Thought 190A and 199A in one term and courses 190B and 199B in the following term.
No more than two courses (8 to 10 units) may be applied toward both this minor and a major or minor in another department or program.
All minor courses must be taken for a letter grade, with an overall grade-point average of 2.0 or better. Successful completion of the minor is indicated on the transcript and diploma.