Writing II Credit
Cluster students must complete English Comp 3 (or the equivalent) by the end of their first year in order to receive Writing II credit. Log onto MyUCLA and check the Degree Audit System to confirm that you are eligible to take English Comp 3 (Writing I), and follow the steps below if you have not yet satisfied the Writing I requirement.
Winter 2018 Enrollment
- Log onto MyUCLA and check your Degree Audit to confirm that you are eligible to take English Comp 3 (Writing I).
- Send a request via email to email@example.com no earlier than 12 a.m. on Friday, November 17th. Spaces are assigned on a first come first served basis. (Note: emails received before this date will NOT be considered.)
- Include your name, email and University ID (no dashes or spaces) and list the lecture number of your top five (5) lectures in order of preference.
- Check your Winter 2018 study list during your second pass.
- The Writing Programs office will enroll you during your second pass. (Note: you may use all of your first-pass units to enroll in other courses.)
- If you do not get enrolled in a lecture by Friday, January 19th, please contact the Writing Programs Office directly for further instructions.
- You are welcome to enroll in a lecture of your choice during first pass.
- You must leave enough room in your Winter 2018 course list to add 5 more units. If the addition of Eng Comp 3 (5 units) will put you over your unit maximum for the quarter, the system will not let you enroll and you will lose your saved space in Eng Comp 3. Also, if you have any holds on your record, the system will not let you enroll and you will lose your saved space in Eng Comp 3.